A city known to attract tourists for a few well known reasons, there is so much more to see and experience. It is for this reason I have compiled a blog post unveiling my top things to visit in this wonderful city. If you are planning a long weekend away, Amsterdam is the city to visit. Having visited Amsterdam for the second time, my love for the city continues to grow.The city is so easy to travel around, the trams travel across the breadth of the city and are uncomplicated. They also have fantastic large windows which mean if you spot something you like the look of, a cute brunch cafe for example, you can just hop off.
Top Things To Do In Amsterdam:
- The city is known for its art and the Van Gogh museum is one to visit. The city is filled with a great deal of art galleries and the Van Gogh museum is definitely the most sought after.
- Anne Franks House was an inspiration to explore, a wealth of history and strength lay within the Anne Frank Museum making it a must see. Advance booking for this is advised as the queue to purchase tickets on the door can be up to three hours.
- A city abundant with beautiful canals, the only way to admire the true beauty is so take a canal tour. This is best experienced in a glass boat with a guide to experience its true wonder.
- Although exploring the city on foot is fun, exploring on a bike is even better. Cycle lanes are all over Amsterdam and is the preferred mode of transport.
- Indulge in the boutiques. Amsterdam is very fashion forward, a chic city inhabited with lost of unique boutiques. Purchase a one off and feel unique knowing nobody can steal your look.
- Hidden in Amsterdam’s China Town is a true gem. A stunning buddhist temple inhabited by Buddhist monks. The interior truly is stunning and the peace and light in this temple is that of being in Thailand.
- Enjoy brunch! Brunching is essential in Amsterdam, with so many places on offer you will be spoilt for choice.
- Visit the W hotel for a cocktail. You wont be disappointed!
I hope this blog post gives you an insight into the amazing city of Amsterdam. You don’t have to spend your time in ‘coffee shops’, you can explore the beautiful museums, galleries and even the palace in the heart of ‘Dam Square’.
Thanks for reading!
Annie Shah X
Stay connected to keep up to date with the latest:
Subscribe by email – Annieshahblog
Follow me on Instagram – @annieshah01